About Your Portrait Session
1. What makes Goodhart Photography different? We provide our clients with a boutique portrait experience that is custom designed for every client from start to finish. We have years of experience and are skilled in engaging clients, bringing out their personalities, and lighting and posing them in ways that make everyone look amazing. We promise you an exceptional photography experience and portraits you will treasure for a lifetime.
2. Do I need an appointment? Yes, Goodhart Photography serves clients by appointment only. This allows us to offer the best possible service to each and every client.
3. How far in advance do you book? Goodhart Photography accepts 3 clients per week. Therefore, it is best to call 1-3 weeks in advance for a weekday session, and 3-6 weeks in advance for a weekend session.
4. What happens after we book a session? How should I prepare for the session? You have the option of doing an in-person meeting to plan the session and discuss your vision and the special qualities that make your family unique, or taking care of that through email or by phone. The information shared at the pre-consult is a critical part of creating amazing portraits.
5. How do we view our images? We will schedule an in-person ordering session about a week after your session in our Potomac Falls studio. This is where you will view your images and place your order. All decision makers should be present at this appointment. Most appointments take about an hour. We have appointments as late as 8:15 pm on select weekday evenings. Occasionally schedules do not permit in-person meetings, and we are able to provide online galleries as well.
6. How long before we receive our portraits? Your portraits will be available for pick up in 3-4 weeks. Frames and albums typically take 5-6 weeks. We can rush cards and small prints and have them ready within 4-5 days for a small additional charge.
7. What is a Photo App? It is a great way to share your photos digitally with friends and family! We send you a link to download your own personal app, which includes your purchased images, to your smart phone, iPad, or computer. These images are sized for the web and have our logo on them like you see on our website and Facebook page. Once you download the app, you do not need to be online to view your images.
8. Can I buy a CD/DVD/USB-key of my images? We do offer digital images sized to print up to 8×10 for sale. They are also included in several of our collections. We also include free web-sized versions (with logo and border) of your purchased images for social network sharing on Facebook or Instagram, etc.
9. How much can I expect to invest with you? We have collections that begin at $350, and our print prices begin at $75 for an 8×10 or 5×7. Our clients invest between $350-$3,000 with most spending between $800-$1500 for our wall portraits, albums, and gift prints to share.
10. Do you photograph events? Goodhart Photography loves a celebration! We photograph events such as anniversary parties and Bat/Bar Mizvahs for $800 for 2 hours, and $250 for each additional hour. Wedding coverage begins at $2400 for 4 hours and $350 for each additional hour.