Welcome! It’s your SENIOR YEAR, and together we are going to create some STUNNING images to celebrate and commemorate YOU! This senior session guide has everything you need to know!
Choosing a Location for Your Portrait Session
Below are links to popular portrait locations in northern Virginia and the surrounding area.
What To Bring to your Portrait Sessions
- Face powder to combat shine, lip gloss to freshen up, and a hairbrush.
- 2-4 casual outfits with shoes and accessories
- 1-2 dressy outfits with shoes and accessories
- Sporting or athletic gear/equipment, if applicable
- A plain long sleeved white shirt or black tee shirt (for studio portraits)
- Any props you’d like to see in your pictures — guitar, books, medals, shoes, purses, paintbrushes, etc…
The Week Before
- Treat yourself to a manicure! Your hands will show in many poses — and in summer, your feet may too!
- Heal cracked and dry lips by putting vaseline on them every night 2-3 nights before your session.
- Shape your eyebrows at least two days before your session.
- Drink lots of water to help your skin look its best.
- Plan how you’ll wear your hair — maybe down for a few outfits, and up or clipped back for a few more. Trim your hair if necessary, but avoid dramatic changes to your look right before your portraits.
The Night Before
- Hang all of your clothes on hangers to avoid wrinkles. It is very difficult to photoshop wrinkled clothes — it is much easier (and less expensive) for you to iron them and hang them. You can also put your jewelry in a baggie and hang it with your clothes.
- Get a good nights sleep!
The Day Of
Wear a little more makeup than you usually do. Or better yet, make an investment in a makeup artist — for $75-$135 Goodhart Photography can bring a professional makeup artist to your session to help you look your best!